lucene-general mailing list archives

From daniel <daniel_pfis...@msn.com>
Subject RE: IndexFiles cmd runs, even when IndexFiles.java is deleted
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 04:12:38 GMT

Yes, that makes sense, but I can't find any .class files.  Nothing came up in a search either.

It must be that the .jar files contain all the .class files.  Now how can I unzip them?

Daniel

Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 12:16:10 -0700
From: ml-node+2891030-501748179-396258@n3.nabble.com
To: daniel_pfister@msn.com
Subject: Re: IndexFiles cmd runs, even when IndexFiles.java is deleted

	Likely the .class file is still present?  Javac compiles .java files

into .class files, and then java executes from .class files.

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 8:13 AM, daniel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm new to Lucene and Java,

> I'm trying to modify the source code for the indexing function in

> Lucene-3.0.3; however, when I modified IndexFiles.java nothing happened, it

> simply indexed the files the same way as before.  So I deleted that file

> entirely, and entered "java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles (+ file to be

> index)" in the cmd line again, and IT STILL RAN!

> What is going on here?  How can the program run when the file is removed?

> --

		http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/IndexFiles-cmd-runs-even-when-IndexFiles-java-is-deleted-tp2889622p2891030.html

		To unsubscribe from IndexFiles cmd runs, even when IndexFiles.java is deleted, click here.