lucene-general mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <cdor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Special Board Report for May 2011
Date Sun, 15 May 2011 07:58:05 GMT
Michael McCandless wrote:

> ...  "if it's not on the list, it didn't happen"...

This rule of thumb pretty much summarizes my opinion on proper use of IRC.

While using IM in various aspects of work and life I never yet connected to
Lucene's IRC channels.
Not sure if/when I will do that, as I am quite overwhelmed, at the
moment, with the amounts of communications in other channels.
But this does not mean it should not be used by others. I can appreciate the
advantages in speed etc. of IRC.
And, I trust each and any of us to identify the point in a discussion when
it becomes appropriate to move it from IRC to the list.

Doron