lucene-general mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Special Board Report for May 2011
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 20:46:45 GMT
On 5/12/2001 at 4:30 PM, Simon Willnauer wrote:
> On 5/12/2011 at 8:36 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> > 1. Log IRC -- from the looks of #lucene-dev, it appears that people
> > have not migrated to the new logged version.  To me, we really should
> > just hook up the logger to #lucene and forget #lucene-dev ever
> > existed.  We should also put a note that the room is being logged.  I am
> > beginning to be of the mindset that any design/dev conversation that is
> > not logged on IRC is the equivalent of a private conversation.
>
> I agree we should move the logger to #lucene - according to steven
> this is trivial so lets shoot for it.

It's trivial to actually do it: you just ask someone on the #irclogger channel, and they do
it for you.

However, those who handle the logging (the people behind colabti.org) will only do it if the
channel participants agree to it.  The problem is that several committers on #lucene have
expressed in the past that they don't want it to be logged.  #lucene-dev exists as a workaround
to this issue.

I personally will not ask for logging on #lucene unless we can demonstrate consensus on this
issue.

Steve