lucene-general mailing list archives

From arvindjce <arvind...@gmail.com>
Subject Directory Encryption Enabled - while searching index we get Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: read past EOF
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 23:19:58 GMT
We have the encryption/decryption agent switched on in our linux box.

There are two scenarios we are experiencing:

1. We did not switch on the Encryption (Directory/File Protection) agent. We
indexed a set of documents. The index was created and we opened the index
files and copied the index data (unreadable format). We then switched on the
Encryption; Then tried to read the data from the index through program; we
were able to get the results.

2. Now we created the index when we had the Encryption (Directory/File
Protection) agent switched on. We were able to create the index. But when we
tried to read the data from the index through program; we are getting this
read past EOF error consistently.

Error Log:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: read past EOF
	at
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readBytes(BufferedIndexInput.java:138)
	at
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readBytes(BufferedIndexInput.java:94)
	at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readString(IndexInput.java:127)
	at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileReader.<init>(CompoundFileReader.java:74)
	at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader$CoreReaders.<init>(SegmentReader.java:111)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:576)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:554)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.<init>(DirectoryReader.java:105)
	at
org.apache.lucene.index.ReadOnlyDirectoryReader.<init>(ReadOnlyDirectoryReader.java:27)
	at
org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader$1.doBody(DirectoryReader.java:75)
	at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:677)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:69)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:316)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:202)
	at lucene.SearchFiles.main(SearchFiles.java:100)

Thanks
Arvind