lucene-general mailing list archives

From zaq <b143...@klzlk.com>
Subject searching for finiite keyword matches
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 21:41:09 GMT
Hi all,

I've been trying to figure out the best way to search a document for a set
of given keywords. In other words, I have a defined set of keywords I want
to match and a document within which to search for those keywords. I also
need to know which of the keywords match and not just whether any did.
Certainly, the simplest way seems to just run a query for each keyword
against the index that the doc is in. But seems rather crude and if the list
of keywords gets large, would be a nasty performance problem.

Can't figure out any more clever and/or efficient way to go about it. Any
suggestions?

Cheers,
Zaq