lucene-general mailing list archives

From Film Noir <alan.sun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene-Spatial and Hibernate Search
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 03:10:59 GMT
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I wish I had the expertise and time to explore the
Solr option! As it is more of a personal project of mine, I think I can
wait.

By the way, is this the new replacement you mentioned?

http://code.google.com/p/lucene-spatial-playground/

Basically I would like a user to be able to conduct a text based search with
additional locational conditions. In particular I would like to be able to
pull records from an index where the coordinates are within x distance of
user supplied coordinates, and also within a polygon. Is this functionality
possible in the proposed replacement module?

Either way, I look forward in seeing how the replacement module develops.

Regards,