lucene-general mailing list archives

From Film Noir <alan.sun...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene-Spatial and Hibernate Search
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 04:49:48 GMT
Hi all,

First of all, I have to say my understanding of Lucene Spatial is very
little and the Googling and forum/mail list searching hasn't gotten me very
far.

I'm trying to determine if I can use Lucene-Spatial 3.1.0 with Hibernate
Search 3.1.0. The article on DZone talks of this very issue:
http://java.dzone.com/articles/spatial-search-hibernate

I'm having trouble with the implementation though, I have tried implementing
the getLatLng() ( with CartesianTierFieldBridgeImpl ) and getGeohash()
methods in the Entity, without success.

Does anyone have experience mixing the two who could provide some pointers?

I'm working with the following code below to attempt the return the
addresses that are within 5 miles of NY:

DistanceQueryBuilder builder = new
DistanceQueryBuilder(40.689168,-74.044563, 10.0, "addrLatitude",
"addrLongitude", CartesianTierPlotter.DEFALT_FIELD_PREFIX, true, 0, 20);

FullTextSession fullTextSession = Search.getFullTextSession(
sessionFactory.getCurrentSession() );

FullTextQuery fullTextQuery = fullTextSession.createFullTextQuery(
builder.getQuery( new MatchAllDocsQuery() ), Address.class );

fullTextQuery.list();