lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Query results with Solr
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 20:56:52 GMT

: So I went to the Solr Admin page and ran a query on ipod, since that was one
: of the sample documents that was indexed.  My result is the following:
:
:
: 0 3 *ipod* 0 2.2 10 on electronicsconnector car power adapter, white
: F8V7067-APL-KIT false Belkin 2005-08-01T16:30:25Z Belkin Mobile Power Cord
: for iPod w/ Dock 1 19.95 45.17614,-93.87341 4.0 electronicsconnector car

...the default response format is in XML, and it looks like your browser
doesn't format the xml nicely (or evidently: even tell you that you are
looking at xml)

if you read a little further down on the tutorial it talks about adding a
"wt" param that lets you change the output format to things like json...

http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?indent=on&q=video&wt=json

...which you might find easier to consume when doing debuging on your own.

-Hoss