lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: lucene data for empirical study
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:41:26 GMT

: read that the APACHE foundation has allowed free access to the contents
: of bug reporting and version control tools for some of its projects.  I
: am hoping I can get access to data for Lucene as well.  Any pointers as
: to how I can get this information will be appreciated.

Jira has some SOAP nad XML RPC APIs that could probably be used to pull
out the complete archive of every issue/comment/patch etc....  Any
registered user on issues.apache.org should be able to access that.  (it
is possible to use security features to hide some data so only project
members can see it (ie: for vulnerability reports) but to the best of my
knowledge lucene/solr have never used those features.

You'll have to check that Atlassian docs for more information on how to
access those APIs.

our svn repository is compleltey world readable, but accesssing historic
log info for every file may be tedious using the remote svn server --
there is a git clone available so you can fetch the entire repo (with all
history) to your own local server...

	git://git.apache.org/lucene-solr.git

If you have other questions about obtaining "full dumps" of public
apache data (ie: mailing lists, etc..) the infrastructure team is probably
the appropriate group to talk to...

	http://apache.org/dev/infrastructure.html
	http://apache.org/dev/infra-mail.html

-Hoss