lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Help Lucene Indexing category Path with '/' characters
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 14:56:42 GMT
Hi Mark.
Technical questions about using Lucene go to the java user list:

To answer you're question; I think what you actually want to do is simply split the ',' delimited
value yourself, then hand each in to Lucene as a separate value.  I'm suggesting this because
what you have there are distinct *values*, and Analyzers work on a single value at a time,
they don't make multiple values from one value.  It's semantics.  That said if you insist
on the analyzer doing this then you could manage but I don't think it's what you actually
want.

~ David Smiley
From: markemark [markjwiltshire@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 10:33 AM
To: general@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Help Lucene Indexing category Path with '/' characters

Dear Lucene Users,

Help Please :-)

I am indexing a document which has a number of category paths

e.g.

/Top/My Prods/Book Prods/Text Books, /Maths/Books/TextBooks

i.e. category paths delimited by ,

I want to store this field, so the Analyser tokenizes the document only on
',' charaters and not on the '/' characters

How can I do this ?

Many thanks

Mark