lucene-general mailing list archives

From "patrick o'leary" <pj...@pjaol.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Create Solr TLP
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:54:06 GMT
Since when did not listening to the community and doing your own thing until
it all goes south... Qualify a project to become a TLP?

If anything Solr needs to be moved back to incubating.

On top of that the constant fighting with the community, which has
accomplished nothing but making contributors leave or move their development
out of Apache, shows that there is a need to mentor or review who is on the
PMC of SOLR / Lucene, and it's road map.

A big -1 because this project is in serious need of re-evaluation of it's
leadership and community cooperation.

I believe there is a need for a Lucene Revolution,a revolution to move SOLR
from a pseudo proprietary free code base back to an open source project, if
it wishes to remain within the ASF.