lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene data for empirical study
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:14:43 GMT
Lucene JIRA is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE
Solr JIRA is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR

Each release (and development branches) also include a CHANGES.txt file that is essentially
a cleaned up view of what you can find in JIRA.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com

Lucene/Solr User Conference
May 25-26, San Francisco
www.lucenerevolution.org

On Apr 17, 2011, at 11:33 AM, Nilam Kaushik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a Masters student, as a part of my research I am doing an empirical study on bug
triage practices in open source software.  After taking a look at  some open source projects,
I found that Lucene would be a good candidate for my study.

> I am interested in getting information within bug reports (e.g. who fixed it, the summary
and description fields etc) from a certain component for a  release and also information from
the API such as names of all the packages, their corresponding classes and methods.  I  have
read that the APACHE foundation has allowed free access to the contents of bug reporting and
version control tools for some of its projects.  I am hoping I can get access to data for
Lucene as well.  Any pointers as to how I can get this information will be appreciated.