lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Create Solr TLP
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 01:34:42 GMT

On Apr 26, 2011, at 8:43 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> But, this is important context to the discussion. Unfortunately, to
> the uninformed community, asf board, members etc, my behavior likely
> appears very irrational: but this is because they are unaware of these
> private emails (which many of us STRONGLY encouraged to go to a
> mailing list) expressing there should be no refactoring.
>
> Its unfortunate the PMC didn't address this immediately, instead we
> all ignored the elephant in the room and ... hoped it would go away?

Yeah, we really should have a public discussion on modularization.  I think there are pros
and cons on both sides of it and we should debate it for a bit.  I'm not sure what the result
will be or if it will fix anything, but it would be good to outline all the pros and cons
on both sides and see if we can't find a common ground strategy going forward.

-Grant