lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Create Solr TLP
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 22:32:14 GMT
-1 of course

We can not just randomly merge/unmerge Lucene/Solr whenever a problem
comes up. It will still be the same community and therefore we need to
fix the way we interact with each other.

Could we all please try to be less stubborn and accusing and figure this
out? Obviously things like vetoing refactorings to move code into Lucene
is very counterproductive. But also Solr progress shouldn't suffer.

Hanging out with you guys at Apachecons always felt to me like we were
all good friends. Reading these discussions makes me think we can't
stand each other. Let's stop this passive-aggressive silliness and find
a good solution.