lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Granroth, Neal V." <neal.granr...@thermofisher.com>
Subject RE: Searching a group of associated multi-value fileds
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 15:38:47 GMT

One solution is to change the structure of your index.

Index each of your items as individual Lucene documents.

Include with the document an additional field containing an invoice-id.

This will allow you to use Lucene's search without difficulty, while also retaining the association
between items and invoices.

- Neal

-----Original Message-----
From: Sailesh [mailto:sailesh.jain@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 6:20 AM
To: general@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Searching a group of associated multi-value fileds

Hi,

I have scenario where i have so search multiple multi-valued fields, for
example
I have an invoice that contians may items and each item has many attributes
like

item id : 1, item_name : my item name1 , unit_price : 10
item id : 2, item_name : your item name2 , unit_price : 11
item id : 3, item_name : item name3 , unit_price : 12

The above items are part of single invoice, so cannot have them as separate
documents.

Now if I search for item-id = 2 and unit_price = 12 then it should not
return me anything.

If it would have been single I could have used phase or span queries but in
case of
multiple associated fields i don't how to handle it.

So if any body have ever tried or have any idea to handle this problem,
please
let me know

Thanks
Sailesh