lucene-general mailing list archives

From Sameer Rao <rao.s.sam...@gmail.com>
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2011 05:59:15 GMT
Hello,
  I am new to Lucene and am having a few hicups with indexing the files.

My files to be indexed are in directory "Files"

Following is the error when i try to index.
[root@localhost lucene-3.0.3]# java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles -docs
/home/student/Desktop/Files/
org/apache/lucene/demo/IndexFiles
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:336)
Could not find the main class: org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles. Program
will exit.

What might be the problem.
Awaitng reply,

Regards,