lucene-general mailing list archives

From Sailesh <sailesh.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Searching a group of associated multi-value fileds
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 11:19:44 GMT
Hi,

I have scenario where i have so search multiple multi-valued fields, for
example
I have an invoice that contians may items and each item has many attributes
like

item id : 1, item_name : my item name1 , unit_price : 10
item id : 2, item_name : your item name2 , unit_price : 11
item id : 3, item_name : item name3 , unit_price : 12

The above items are part of single invoice, so cannot have them as separate
documents.

Now if I search for item-id = 2 and unit_price = 12 then it should not
return me anything.

If it would have been single I could have used phase or span queries but in
case of
multiple associated fields i don't how to handle it.

So if any body have ever tried or have any idea to handle this problem,
please
let me know

Thanks
Sailesh