lucene-general mailing list archives

From veg-o-matic <rp...@bcpl.net>
Subject Query results with Solr
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 19:55:27 GMT
Hello:

Please forgive me if I come off like a total idiot here--I'm new to Solr,
having just installed it this morning (at the behest of others,
naturally...)

Well, I got java running, then successfully installed tomcat and got that
running, and after a few false starts, got Solr up and running as well.
Flushed with success, I attempted to go through the Solr tutorial
(http://lucene.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html) and ran into a couple of
problems when I tried to index the example documents (long story short, our
Solr is running on port 8080 not 8983, and the URL is /solr-example/update,
not solr/update) and finally got that straightened out.

I think.

So I went to the Solr Admin page and ran a query on ipod, since that was one
of the sample documents that was indexed.  My result is the following:

0 3 *ipod* 0 2.2 10 on electronicsconnector car power adapter, white
F8V7067-APL-KIT false Belkin 2005-08-01T16:30:25Z Belkin Mobile Power Cord
for iPod w/ Dock 1 19.95 45.17614,-93.87341 4.0 electronicsconnector car
power adapter for iPod, white IW-02 false Belkin 2006-02-14T23:55:59Z iPod &
iPod Mini USB 2.0 Cable 1 11.5 37.7752,-122.4232 2.0 electronicsmusic
iTunes, Podcasts, AudiobooksStores up to 15,000 songs, 25,000 photos, or 150
hours of video2.5-inch, 320x240 color TFT LCD display with LED backlight Up
to 20 hours of battery lifePlays AAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, Audible, Apple
Lossless, H.264 videoNotes, Calendar, Phone book, Hold button, Date display,
Photo wallet, Built-in games, JPEG photo playback, Upgradeable firmware, USB
2.0 compatibility, Playback speed control, Rechargeable capability, Battery
level indication MA147LL/A true earbud headphones, USB cable Apple Computer
Inc. 2005-10-12T08:00:00Z Apple 60 GB iPod with Video Playback Black 10
399.0 37.7752,-100.0232 5.5

Just like that, with no formatting or anything.

Is this what I'm supposed to get? It doesn't seem very useful to me, but
what do I know?  From what I'm told, the object of installing Solr is to
integrate it with an upcoming Drupal site that's being created.

Many thanks for any insight you can provide.

veg