lucene-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From manish6886 <mmengh...@taser.com>
Subject Re: SOLR search slowing down
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 17:30:42 GMT
After much investigation, I found out that there were stale documents in the
index which were marked for deletion but hadn't been deleted.

So, I executed the optimize command on the SOLR index and that reduced the
index size by almost half.

Now, my index size is 1.67 million. After this change, the search queries
were taking 7-8 seconds instead of 18 seconds.

I tried tweaking the JVM as well with the following options,
-Xms2048M -Xmx2048M -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:+UseParallelGC
-XX:NewSize=512M -verbose:gc -Xloggc:gc.log -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps
-XX:+PrintGCDetails

With these changes, the search results were taking about 5-6 seconds.

Are there any other tweaks or changes which I can try because ideally, the
SOLR should return the results in milliseconds. 

--
View this message in context: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/SOLR-search-slowing-down-tp2717761p2731390.html
Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Mime
View raw message