lucene-general mailing list archives

From Sandra <sclo...@consultant.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question - 2 multi-value fields linked search... help!
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:52:37 GMT
Hi Erik,

	Thanks for the response. My data is of the following form. I have an unique
Employee ID field, Employer (multi-value), FromDate (multi-value) amd ToDate
(multi-value). For a given employee ID I am trying to return the relevent
data. For example for a ID of "21345" and emplyer "IMB" return the work
dates from and to. Or for same id and 2 work dates return the company of
companies that the id was associated with etc....

However pg 37 of the book (Solr 1.4 Enterprise Search Server) says: "The
issue is that the criteria for this hypothetical search involves
multi-valued fields, where the index of one matching criteria needs to
correspond to the same value in another multi-valued field in the same
index. You can't do that..."

Employee ID	Employer	FromDate	ToDate
21345		IBM		01/01/04	01/01/06
		        MS		01/01/07	01/01/08
		        BT		01/01/09	Present

	I'm just wondering are there any ways around this or what options do I have
in this regard? Any comments/ideas/suggestions or alternatives or
workarounds would be most appreciated...

Thanks,
S.