lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jairo Ortiz <jairo.or...@firmex.com>
Subject RE: java.io.IOException: read past EOF
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:53:58 GMT
Oh great thanks..
Hey Simon can I ask you something.. how do I upgrade TIKA, I tried by
following  this steps (see below), but the documents do not get parsed or
added to the index, and it does not return an error, I should mention that
tika included on the trunk works just fine. Any inside on this? thanks

-Get the Tika version to upgrade and unpackage it and switch into that
directory.
-mvn install
-mvn dependency:copy-dependencies
-Switch to SOLR/contrib/extraction/lib and compare the versions of the
libraries there with the versions in
tika-$VERSION/tika/bundle/target/dependency/* and then copy over, svn rm,
etc. as necessary.

JO
-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Willnauer [mailto:simon.willnauer@googlemail.com]
Sent: February-24-11 3:26 AM
To: general@lucene.apache.org
Cc: jo
Subject: Re: java.io.IOException: read past EOF

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:26 PM, jo <jairo.ortiz@firmex.com> wrote:

> I get that error when I try to upgrade a solr without re-indexing my
> current working version is 4.0-SNAPSHOT 1071753 upgrading to version:
> 4.0-SNAPSHOT 1073499

it seems that we missed to announce a fileformat change introduced in
LUCENE-2881 committed in revision 1073110. Sorry about that I will announce
accordingly.

> I tried using backup script and using replication master/slave -> and
> at the end I get the same error
>
> can't the index be move to another solr build?... if so, how can I
> upgrade to future builds.?? re-indexing might not be the best option for
> me.
if you are working on trunk / use nightly builds / snapshots you are working
on a moving target. This can happen at any time on the development trunk.
you should watch announcements on dev@lucene.apache.org to get a heads up
once this happens again.

simon