lucene-general mailing list archives

From aneuryzma <patrick.divia...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene: define custom similarity measures for specific documents/queries fields
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:38:15 GMT
Can I define different similarity measures for each field of my queries and
collection documents ?

Let's say I've a query that is searching for terms in field1, field2 and
field3. However field3 is a numeric field and I want to define my similarity
function.. i.e. the difference between query value of fields3 and collection
documents value for fields3...

Where can I implement my custom similarity measure ? I'm considering now the
similarity class.. is there a way to define custom similarity measures for
specific fields ?

thanks