lucene-general mailing list archives

From aneuryzma <patrick.divia...@gmail.com>
Subject Dealing with 3 different field-specific scores
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2011 10:31:16 GMT
I have indexed collection consisting of docs with some textual fields,
geographic coordinates and date/time fields.

The queries I perform consists of a document of the collection to compare
with all the rest of the collection.

Therefore I need to know how to:

1. Build a complex query, more than just a bunch of words.. I need a
structured query (actually the same structure used for the indexed docs.. in
my specific case it is XML).

2. Integrate tf.idf score, harvesine score (for lat/lng) and time difference
score into one score. I already have the formulas ready, I just need to know
how to integrate them into Lucene.

I know how can extend Query and Similarity class.. and I'm studying such
classes, but I need some help how to do it (more than.. "give a look at
Similarity documentation" if possible..)

I can provide more info, if you tell me what you need to know!
thanks