lucene-general mailing list archives

From aneuryzma <patrick.divia...@gmail.com>
Subject how to build complex xml-based queries with Apache Lucene ?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:46:13 GMT

I need to build a xml-based query with Apache Lucene.

My docs have this format:

    <doc>
    <id>361492799</id>
    <title>Dan1</title>
    <description>We had another Flickr meetup in Rochester, the biggest that
Ive been to. 12 people showed up.Da, he was to the right.</description>
    <time>18934934</time>
    <tags>flickrmeetup rochester dan totheright 200701</tags>
    <event>135961</event>
    </doc>

and the query is actually also a document that I need to compare with the
entire collection. Each attribute has a different similarity metric. e.g.
description has tf-idf cosine similarity. Time is just the difference and
"latitude" + "longitude" is compared using the harvesine distance.

For now I've only performed searches with simple textual queries such as
"word1 word2". How can I build more complex queries instead ?

thanks