lucene-general mailing list archives

From Azeldur <>
Subject Single character search
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 15:41:02 GMT

I encountered a  problem while searching in a  lucene  document  for  a
single  character  "A". The problem was because "A" is a  stopWord in the
StandardAnalyzer so  I  removed all the  StopWord  from it. That fixed my
problem about ignoring my criteria on my query when  it had a  field
searched  with character "A".

Now I encountered another problem, it is executing my query but no result
are  returned, even if  field is  indexed and there value in my file for the
searched  field. My field may  contain a  single  character or  multiple
character, but I wanna make a search on the field with the specified value.

example query 1: +idCompagnie:32 +codeProdHab:RSA +codeCourbeDiff:A
example query 2: +idCompagnie:32 +codeProdHab:RSA +codeCourbeDiff:9954
example query 2: +idCompagnie:32 +codeProdHab:RSA +codeCourbeDiff:C

Only the query 1 is giving me problem. It  is  not possible  to  modify the
lucene document. They are  generated from a database and  must match. The
query are also generated by inspecting the java object so ideally making the
query work the way they are would be nice.

Thank in advance
Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at

View raw message