lucene-general mailing list archives

From riggerthegeek <si...@simonemms.com>
Subject Solr Like Statement
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 11:50:37 GMT

Hi guys

I'm having some real problems getting Solr to behave.  I'm running jQuery
autocomplete and want to get Solr to output the data (as there's 90,000+
records, MySQL will be slower).

If there was a record with the title "Birmingham City Centre", in MySQL, the
query I would write would be a simple........

SELECT * FROM `table` WHERE `title` LIKE 'Birmingham Ci%'

This would return every record that began "Birmingham Ci".  I've run various
different queries in Solr, but none get the records I want.

If I do....

title:"birmingham ci*"

I get nothing returned.

If I do....

title:birmingham title:ci*

I get anything containing "Birmingham" and starting "ci".

Can someone tell me how to do the equivalent of a MySQL LIKE statement in
Solr/Lucene please?

Thanks