lucene-general mailing list archives

From entdeveloper <cameron.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CachingWrapperFilter use
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 01:42:21 GMT

Oook. So I think I figured this out: the CachingWrapperFilter isn't really
intended to be used dynamically (i.e. the wrapped filter changes for each
search). It's only really useful if the same filter is being used every time
(e.g. filter type=movies for a movie search site).

Am I getting that right?

I guess what I need is something like Solr's filter cache, where filters
based on repeated search criteria are retrieved from the cache. Has anyone
written something like this and used filters in this way before?

I have a search where one of the criteria is a location (New York, Los
Angeles, Chicago). I want to put this term in a filter, so that every
subsequent request for one of those locations is pulled from a cache for
better performance.