lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Close down the Lucene.NET project, effective January 31, 2011
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 22:48:59 GMT

: My vote is -1 to the current resolution, because it lacks a plan for
: continuity for the userbase. It seems that although development has
: stagnated, there is actually a reasonably active user list, and this
: resolution doesn't describe what will happen to them.

I share robert's concern, the lucene.net mailing list(s) is where the
existing community seems to be rallying to discuss an incubation proposal,
and i don't wnat to pull the rug out from under them.

I'm assuming that just because this resolution says the project resources
will be shutdown, doesn't mean they need to be terminated
immediately upon the completion of hte vote -- while things like svn
commit and the website updating should happen ASAP, it seems reasonable to
leave the mailing lists in place for the near future.

I'm +1 based on that assumption.

-Hoss