lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] Next Steps on Lucene.NET
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:00:13 GMT

: point, it's either the Attic or Incubator and I'm leaning toward Attic.
: However, I think it makes sense to give one more chance by saying:  You
: have until January 31 to put together a proposal for going back to the
: Incubator.  Please see http://incubator.apache.org for what such a
: proposal entails.

I'm not certain the attic is appropriate -- my understanding is that it's
the final resting place for "projects" (TLP, ie: an entire PMC) that are
being disolved at a foundation level via board resolution.

Within a PMC, like Lucene, the decision to retire a specific sub-projects
and mailing lists probably doesn't need to require a board resolution.

but i could be wrong.

In either case, having a hard date seems like a good idea -- i thought one
had been established before, but i guess not.

-Hoss