lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] Next Steps on Lucene.NET
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:41:18 GMT

On Dec 21, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : point, it's either the Attic or Incubator and I'm leaning toward Attic.
> : However, I think it makes sense to give one more chance by saying:  You
> : have until January 31 to put together a proposal for going back to the
> : Incubator.  Please see http://incubator.apache.org for what such a
> : proposal entails.
>
> I'm not certain the attic is appropriate -- my understanding is that it's
> the final resting place for "projects" (TLP, ie: an entire PMC) that are
> being disolved at a foundation level via board resolution.
>
> Within a PMC, like Lucene, the decision to retire a specific sub-projects
> and mailing lists probably doesn't need to require a board resolution.
>
> but i could be wrong.

OK, I'm not sure either.  I will check.  We could certainly just mothball it here, but I don't
think that is necessarily what we want either.

> In either case, having a hard date seems like a good idea -- i thought one
> had been established before, but i guess not.

The hard date of addressing the 4 issues was set for the end of the year.   I don't think
any of them have been addressed.  There was a big discussion for a while, but it doesn't seem
like anyone has done any of the actual work, even something as simple as updating the website.
 This next date, in my mind, is to make it clear that the Lucene PMC is done being responsible
for Lucene.NET by Jan. 31.  I am more than willing to help them move somewhere else, but it
is up to them to say where that is.

-Grant