lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] Next Steps on Lucene.NET
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:18:03 GMT
Note, also, I intend to call a PMC vote on this next week (I'll wait until then due to the
pending Christmas holiday).

It will likely read something like (please don't vote now):
<DRAFT>
Subject: [VOTE] Close down the Lucene.NET project, effective January 31, 2011

Background: Please see the December Lucene Board report for description and mailing list threads
on the background of this vote.

Resolution:
Whereas the Lucene.NET project has stagnated due to lack of committer activity and,
Whereas the Lucene PMC is no longer interested in maintaining the community due to lack of
interest in working on the .NET platform by PMC Members
Therefore, be it resolved that the Lucene PMC shut down the Lucene.NET community, effective
January 31, 2011.

Vote:
[] +1 - Shut it down
[] 0 - Don't care
[] -1 - Do not shut it down

A positive vote result means we will shut down SVN access, put a notice on the website and
send one to the mailing lists as well as close down any other resources.

PMC votes are binding and a majority of +1's are all that is needed (i.e. no vetoes).   Due
to the Holidays, I plan to leave this vote open for 5 days.

Note, a positive vote does not mean that this project cannot go back to the Incubator or that
it must die completely, it just means that the Lucene PMC is discharging it's responsibility
for the project by shutting down the resources it is responsible for and removing commit access.

Grant Ingersoll
Lucene PMC Chair
</DRAFT>