lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lucene 3.0.3 and 2.9.4 artifacts (take 2)
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 09:52:04 GMT
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:38 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to the PMC for voting on the Lucene 3.0.3 and 2.9.4 artifacts. The
> vote has passed with 3 positive votes:
> - Robert Muir
> - Andi Vajda
> - Uwe Schindler

Excellent!  Thanks everyone :)

> I will start to publish the artifacts to the mirrors today and send the
> announcement message on Friday morning after the website was updated.
>
> Mike: What do you thing are they key facts/bug fixes for this version? I
> will prepare the announcement message today, mostly it is the same as
> always, but we should list some key points, like serious bugs.

How about something like this:

This release contains numerous bug fixes since 2.9.3/3.0.2, including
a memory leak in IndexWriter exacerbated by frequent commits, a file
handle leak in IndexWriter when near-real-time readers are opened with
compound file format enabled, a rare index corruption case on disk
full, and various thread safety issues.

Mike