lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] Next Steps on Lucene.NET
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:50:29 GMT
The ASF has read-only Git mirrors already and is working on adding RW Git capability.  There
are also already several forks for .NET.  The main problem seems to be lack of committers/contributors
time.  I think the project could be successful at the ASF if they were under their own PMC,
but their doesn't seem to be interest in that either, given the lack of response to suggestions
to go back to the Incubator and do just that.

-Grant

On Dec 25, 2010, at 1:28 AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Personally, I would be *very* interested whether moving Lucene.NET to GitHub
> will make a difference in terms of progress and style of development.  Maybe
> forking, pull requests, and the whole "social" thing makes it easier for people
> to participate.  Since Lucene.NET has struggled for years at ASF, this would be
> a great opportunity to see if the above makes a difference.
>
> My 0.02 NT
>
> Otis
> ----

Grant Ingersoll