lucene-general mailing list archives

From Romi <>
Subject FieldCacheRangeFilter Vs NumericRangeQuery
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 06:44:59 GMT

   I am using Lucene3.0 for my project. I used FieldCacheRangeFilter (Static
method newLongRange()) with NumericRangeQuery in one implementation of
dateRangeQuery search and only NumericRangeQuery for another implementation
of dateRangeQuery search.
I found 17525 documents via both implementation but search time via
FieldCacheRangeFilter was 172milliseconds while via NumericRangeQuery search
it was 62milliseconds.

I got confused because i was expecting that FieldCacheRangeFilter do search
Why it happened please explain.

Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at

View raw message