lucene-general mailing list archives

From Romi <romijain3...@gmail.com>
Subject FieldCacheRangeFilter Vs NumericRangeQuery
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 06:44:59 GMT

Hi,
   I am using Lucene3.0 for my project. I used FieldCacheRangeFilter (Static
method newLongRange()) with NumericRangeQuery in one implementation of
dateRangeQuery search and only NumericRangeQuery for another implementation
of dateRangeQuery search.
I found 17525 documents via both implementation but search time via
FieldCacheRangeFilter was 172milliseconds while via NumericRangeQuery search
it was 62milliseconds.

I got confused because i was expecting that FieldCacheRangeFilter do search
faster.
Why it happened please explain.

-----
Romi