lucene-general mailing list archives

From Romi <romijain3...@gmail.com>
Subject Numeric Range Query
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:07:36 GMT

I read that for handling date range query NumericRangeQuery is better than
TermRangeQuery in "Lucene in action", But i couldnot find the reason. i want
to know the reason behind it. I used TermRangeQuery and NumericRangequery
both for handling date range query and i found that searching is fast via
NumericRangeQuery.

My second point is to query using NumericRangeQuery i have to create indexes
using NumericField by which i can create indexes upto milisecond but what if
i want to reduce my resolution upto hour or day.