lucene-general mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lucene 3.0.3 and 2.9.4 artifacts (take 2)
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 01:27:44 GMT

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010, Steven A Rowe wrote:

> On 11/28/2010 at 7:42 PM, Andi Vajda wrote:
>> Installing SlikSvn 1.6.13 worked around the problem as well.
>> Note that svn commit then no longer works from the cygwin shell, a proper
>> DOS shell is required.
>
> I regularly install SlikSvn on Cygwin/Windows, and *uninstall* Cygwin's
> Subversion-related packages.  That way, I can commit from a Cygwin shell.

Hi Steve,

I did uninstall Cygwin's subversion otherwise the SlikSvn install would not
take since /usr/bin is put first on the Cygwin PATH by default.

The problem with SlikSvn's svn commit in a Cygwin shell window is that when
it asks for a password, it's for a user called 'cyg-server' instead of me
(vajda).

When I then force the user to 'vajda' with --username, it still fails
because the password input doesn't appear to be working. The process just
waits for ever, even after I hit enter.
The password is also displayed live twice in the shell: once when entered
(copy/paste) and once when aborted, as naked input in the shell.

Doing the same in a proper DOS shell window works fine. My username is used
by default, the password is not echoed, is accepted upon hitting enter and
the commit completes as expected.

> (I started doing this when I found that performing Maven releases using
> maven-release-plugin with Cygwin svn just doesn't work.)

Andi..