lucene-general mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lucene 3.0.3 and 2.9.4 artifacts (take 2)
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 23:41:04 GMT

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010, Uwe Schindler wrote:

> Hi all Lucene Java committers and PMC,
>
> As Robert found some test problems in the last release artifacts, I have
> posted a release candidate for both Apache Lucene Java 2.9.4 and
> 3.0.3 (which both have the same bug fix level, functionality and release
> announcement), built from revision 1039909 of the corresponding branches.

As I was trying to build PyLucene 2.9.4 with Lucene 2.9.4 on Windows 7 with
Cygwin (the usual Windows setup), I found a problem with building Lucene
Core 2.9.4. The ${svnversion} trickery to run the svnversion executable from
ant in common-build.xml produces an invalid MANIFEST.MF file as follows
(note extra lines of garbage for "Implementation Version"):

   Manifest-Version: 1.0
   Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
   Created-By: 17.1-b03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
   Specification-Title: Lucene Search Engine: core
   Specification-Version: 2.9.4
   Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
   Implementation-Title: org.apache.lucene
   Implementation-Version: 2.9.4       1 [main] svnversion 2956 tty_list:
    :allocate: No tty allocated
   exported - 2010-11-28 15:26:12
   Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation

Adding a -Dsvnversion=exported to the ant command line works around the
problem.

Andi..