lucene-general mailing list archives

From marcus clemens <marcusclem...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Lucene Java -> Lucene Core
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:22:09 GMT

hi

i am looking for a java lucene solr  contrator to work in west sussex . the contract will
last a year and its paying around £ 400 a day

is this of interest to anyone . if so please send me a cv

kind regards

> Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:50:46 -0500
> Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Lucene Java -> Lucene Core
> From: ryantxu@gmail.com
> To: general@lucene.apache.org
>
> +1
>

> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi Luceneers, esp. PMC and Committers,
> >
> > I'm in the process of reviewing our branding per the Trademarks committee sending
out requirements.   So, expect to see some changes to the website and logos in the coming
days as well as, potentially, a request for help.

> > Per the Branding Requirements at http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs, I
think we should stop calling our core Java implementation Lucene Java, since Java is an Oracle
TM, and move to simply calling it Lucene Core or Lucene for Java.

> > I'm inclined to call it Lucene Core or (Core, for short).  Most of us just call
it Lucene anyway, so the Core part really is only for navigation purposes on the website.