lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Lucene Java -> Lucene Core
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 15:57:46 GMT
Hi Luceneers, esp. PMC and Committers,

I'm in the process of reviewing our branding per the Trademarks committee sending out requirements.
  So, expect to see some changes to the website and logos in the coming days as well as, potentially,
a request for help.

Per the Branding Requirements at http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs, I think we should
stop calling our core Java implementation Lucene Java, since Java is an Oracle TM, and move
to simply calling it Lucene Core or Lucene for Java.

I'm inclined to call it Lucene Core or (Core, for short).  Most of us just call it Lucene
anyway, so the Core part really is only for navigation purposes on the website.

I'd like to discuss this for a day or two and then call a vote.

Thoughts?

-Grant