lucene-general mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lucene 3.0.3 and 2.9.4 artifacts (take 1)
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 16:17:11 GMT
On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the source zip files for 2.9.4 and 3.0.3, and the tests
> failed for me.
>
> This is because of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1756
> (also another similar test fixed in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2398)

Just to explain why these tests fail, they access "../../" and look
for .html/.txt/etc files as hossman describes in LUCENE-1756.
my problem was that in ../.. i have a *lot* of these files and it
causes these tests to OOM, etc.

I reopened the jira issues for these tests, i don't think its a
blocker for a release, but it would be nice to backport the new unit
tests to these branches after the release at the very least.