lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Lucene Java -> Lucene Core
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:53:56 GMT
+1

Seems prudent given the current Java "climate".

Mike

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Luceneers, esp. PMC and Committers,
>
> I'm in the process of reviewing our branding per the Trademarks committee sending out
requirements.   So, expect to see some changes to the website and logos in the coming days
as well as, potentially, a request for help.

> Per the Branding Requirements at http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs, I think
we should stop calling our core Java implementation Lucene Java, since Java is an Oracle TM,
and move to simply calling it Lucene Core or Lucene for Java.

> I'm inclined to call it Lucene Core or (Core, for short).  Most of us just call it Lucene
anyway, so the Core part really is only for navigation purposes on the website.