lucene-general mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lucene 3.0.3 and 2.9.4 artifacts (take 2)
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 00:11:25 GMT
On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Uwe Schindler wrote:
>
>> Is it really a problem of cygwin or just your config? I have seen such
>> messages in cygwin config already, but for me on win7 the build works fine
>> (I have cygwin but I build without)
>
> I guess it is a problem of building under cygwin. The extra output doesn't
> seem to be produced by svnversion itself. I don't think it's a showstopper
> for the artifacts but should be noted, maybe, in release notes.
>
> I've never seen this problem before but I just created a new virtual machine
> with Windows 7 and the latest cygwin, so maybe this bug is old but not as
> old as the VM I was using before which was a very old win2k setup :-).

the manifests are fine with my for cygwin. what svn are you using? is
the svn itself compiled under cygwin instead of being just a regular
windows svn?

This sounds like a cygwin bug, i would just put a 'real' windows
svn.exe in your path... e.g. 'which svn' returns /cygdrive/c/Program
Files/SlikSvn/bin/svn for me.