lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Lucene Java -> Lucene Core
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:33:43 GMT
http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 12:22 PM, marcus clemens
<marcusclemens@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi
>
> i am looking for a java lucene solr  contrator to work in west sussex . the contract
will last a year and its paying around £ 400 a day

> is this of interest to anyone . if so please send me a cv
>
> kind regards
>
>> Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:50:46 -0500
>> Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Lucene Java -> Lucene Core
>> From: ryantxu@gmail.com
>> To: general@lucene.apache.org
>>
>> +1
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Hi Luceneers, esp. PMC and Committers,
>> >
>> > I'm in the process of reviewing our branding per the Trademarks committee sending
out requirements.   So, expect to see some changes to the website and logos in the coming
days as well as, potentially, a request for help.

>> > Per the Branding Requirements at http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs,
I think we should stop calling our core Java implementation Lucene Java, since Java is an
Oracle TM, and move to simply calling it Lucene Core or Lucene for Java.

>> > I'm inclined to call it Lucene Core or (Core, for short).  Most of us just
call it Lucene anyway, so the Core part really is only for navigation purposes on the website.