lucene-general mailing list archives

From Shivani Rao <raoshiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Mahout and Parallelized LDA
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 20:48:45 GMT
Hello,
I found a great implementation of PLDA in Mahout. However there were certain
things that were not clear to me. Firstly the "state" of the LDA that is
spit out by each iteration of the EM algorithm (distributed EM) is just the

global state (p(w|t))

1) The document representations do not constitute the state (or is not
written out by the Mahout package) ?
2) How does inference work for new documents work in Mahout, is the support

still not available?

If any of you have been using PLDA in Mahout, your inputs will be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Shivani

--