lucene-general mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Lucene 3.0.3 and 2.9.4 artifacts (take 1)
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 14:49:09 GMT
On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Maybe we can provide this patch-solr.xml file together with the artifacts or
> announce it in the release information, so everybody can use it to patch his
> Solr distribution?

Sorry to reply on the vote thread (we can make another thread for this
discussion if we want), but I just wanted to say there are also some
bugfixes for Solr in its 1.4.x branch.

In my opinion it would be preferable if we just released a Solr 1.4.2
instead that uses the new lucene 2.9 with its bugfixes, but also has
the solr bugfixes too.