lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr can't save some documents with specific uid
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:42:39 GMT
This behavior is inherent in the way that Lucene works.

You should not retain document id's external to an index if you are doing
document updates.

If you need a persistent unique identifier, add that id as a field and use
Lucene's search to get the document you want.  That id can be retained
outside of Lucene safely.