lucene-general mailing list archives

From "McGibbney, Lewis John" <>
Subject ClassNotFoundException
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 14:53:03 GMT
Hello List,

Currently using lucene-3.0.1 on Windows XP with Cygwin to execute commands

Trying to index files in my directory and I am receiving the following

LMCGIB10@BNE001840 /cygdrive/c/Downloads/Apache/lucene-3.0.1/lucene-3.0.1
$ java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles C:/Downloads/Apache/lucene-3.0.1/
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/dem
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles
        at$ Source)
        at Method)
        at Source)
Could not find the main class: org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles  Program
will exit.

I have both lucene-core-3.0.1 and lucene-demos-3.0.1 in my classpath, although I also have
a Nutch/lib variable which includes lucene-core-3.0.1 already set in my environment as I have
been using this project as well... is this the problem? If not can someone please suggest
what is going wrong.

Thank you

Winner: Times Higher Education's Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald
Society's Education Initiative of the Year 2009,6219,en.html