lucene-general mailing list archives

From gjcarre...@aol.com
Subject Lucene and the .NET platform
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 08:30:11 GMT

Has anyone tried to compile and run the Java Lucene code base using http://www.janetdev.org/
This janetdev says it is a new web site building an open community dedicated to
enabling Java as a first class development and runtime
environment for .NET. They seem to have downloads on sourceforge and say they are based on
Apache Harmony.

About 4 years ago I built a binary of Java Lucene for NET using the Microsoft J# compiler.
Total effort was about a couple hours. It ran the benchmarks I was interested in evaluating.
I first did the Java Lucene 1.9.1 release, and then I later built off the trunc which I understood
was to become the 2.0 branch.
See http://people.delphiforums.com/gjc/lucene-java-vjc.html

Of course a lot has changed in the Java world since early 2006. Microsoft dropped J#, and
Sun announced an open source OpenJDK.