lucene-general mailing list archives

From Josh Handel <Josh.Han...@catapultsystems.com>
Subject RE: Lucene.NET Community Status
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:02:10 GMT
One thing that has yet to be answered on this list is this :

What does Apache Foundation provide, that the project does not received on its own OTHER than
the name "Lucene"..     I hear a lot of what Apache requests of us, beyond a name what the
heck do they provide?

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Ingersoll [mailto:gsingers@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 12:59 PM
To: lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene.NET Community Status

On Nov 2, 2010, at 1:20 PM, Granroth, Neal V. wrote:

> We've already been through this process once before.  Why repeat?

Because clearly it didn't take the first time and this time the goal is to demonstrate the
community can stand on its own two feet as an Apache Top Level Project (TLP).  Last time through,
the goal was to be a part of the Lucene PMC.

Given the declared interest level here, if it is indeed real, it shouldn't be a problem to
Apache works and then graduate to be a TLP.

-Grant