lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Granroth, Neal V." <neal.granr...@thermofisher.com>
Subject RE: Lucene.NET Community Status
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 17:20:55 GMT

We've already been through this process once before.  Why repeat?
- Neal

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Ingersoll [mailto:gsingers@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 6:38 AM
To: lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene.NET Community Status

On Oct 30, 2010, at 11:07 PM, Michael Mitiaguin wrote:

> I've been using Lucene.Net since 2005 and know its history quite well. Just
> some comments :
>
> 1.  What actually PMC expects ?

At this point, I think the PMC expects to see a plan and action for either going back to Incubation
and becoming a standalone project or going to the Attic and then being maintained elsewhere.
In either case, it is clear that it is in the best interest of the .NET community to have
some self-determination.

Based on the messages here, I think you have enough volunteers to go back to the Incubator
and try again.  I would suggest one of you volunteers browses over to http://incubator.apache.org
and take a look at what it means to put together an entry proposal (basically, you need a
Wiki page outlining the proposal) and then solicit mentors/champions on general@incubator.apache.org
and then call a vote.

-Grant